Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Resolutions/Goals

Can you believe its already 2012? I swear time flies by.

I've been thinking about goals lately, as I'm sure you have too. I have personal goals as well as blog goals.

Personal Goals-

1. Learn how to cook better

I don't know about you, but I have little to no patience for cooking. We get by with simple meals that are relatively easy and my husband does a lot of the cooking. In 2012 I'd like to take on more responsiblity with cooking . One of the problems is my husband is a picky eater, I'm not very adventurous and by the end of the day...who can even be bothered?

So I plan to make it a priority to try one new recipe a week. I'm planning on using my crock pot more often, and I also bought a bread baking book too.

Hopefully I'll make some great things, and I'll try to write a quick little post about it here so you can try the recipe too...and so I have some accountability.

2. Prep Better

I'm the kind of person who jumps full force into projects, sometimes I do a better job than others to get the correct tools first, and set myself up for success. So starting in the new years I"m going to try to do a better job of taking the 5 minutes to put down the drop cloths and use painters tape, and find all my supplies before I start. I'm a creative person, this will be difficult!

3. I guess lose weight?

That's every ones resolution I feel like, right? I'd like to start drinking more water, and eating less chocolate. I just love chocolate so much. And I probably shouldn't drink as much diet soda as I do...so drink more water, less soda.

And BLOG GOALS

Well I am such a beginner at this. So I just have to keep it simple.

1. Write about what I'm doing

I'd ideally like to write 5 times a week, but no less than 3 times. However I really want every post to be great, I want to deliver more quality than quantity.

2. Get some followers.

 I get thrilled just thinking about the people who are following me, that every time I post they get to see my words and pictures and ideas. It really means a lot to me, and I'd like to build that up.

3. I'd like some advertisers and I'd like to contribute to another bloggers site

Ideally I'd love to make money doing this, and be able to contribute to my family. So I look at this blog as way to share my home, thoughts and passions, making money from it would just be icing on the cake.

And thats pretty much it.

Are any of my goals the same as yours? If so which ones?

If you like what you see...go on and follow me.

5 comments:

  1. good luck with all the goals! i am sure you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, great goals. I just got quite a few followers from linking up with Debbiedoos newbie party. It's on my blogroll. If you haven't already - link up to 'not just a housewife' It's a great competition - I can't because I'm not in the US.
    Good luck with everything Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer hi! Thank you for dropping by my place and your lovely comment! I'm now your newest follower! I heart new friends! Would love to see you again soon at my place!
    Love, Olga
    www.stardust-decorstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a new follower of yours and I am thinking of my resolutions right now

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to blogging, too and found you through a link on Debbiedoos newbie party.

    Making a list of goals myself and wish you all the luck with yours. Stop by for a visit when you get a chance.

    Now following your site!

    Lora

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support, I always comment back or send follow up emails. Don't forget to become a follower if you havent already.